Advanced Filtering

  1. #1
    Stephen
    Guest

    Advanced Filtering

    For a column of an Excel that contains the date of inspection (I_DATE)

    Is it possible for me to use filtering to find the I_DATE between "Start
    Date" and "End Date" (For instance, 1 Jan 2005 and 31 Mar 2005) OR those
    records with I_DATE is null ? If yes, how ? This is because I can manage
    to set the "Start Date" and "End Date" but not the able to filter those are
    null.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Advanced Filtering

    Add another column to the criteria area
    Leave the heading cell blank
    In the new column, in the row below the other criteria, enter a formula
    that refers to the date column of the main table, e.g.:

    =I_Date=""

    When you press the Enter key, the cell will show a #NAME? error.

    Run the advanced filter, and include the new row and column in the
    criteria area.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List