Excel Object showing strange behavior

  1. #1

    Excel Object showing strange behavior

    Hello,

    I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet.

    This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but)
    Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough,..when I tested it,...it opened the "format picture" box. (I didn't get the format Object box,..but rather the format picture box, but regardless,...it's still wrong either way).

    When I go to the site and open the worksheet to test it,...the object runs fine and opens up a "live" sheet to populate. Upon closing it,..the object in the sheet reflects the entries.

    What is going on? What could they have done different that caused the object to not become "live" on the double click? They said that they "enabled the macros" although that should have no bearing on this anyway.

    Help!

    TD
    Todd P. Dolce

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Excel Object showing strange behavior

    I can't say for sure, but sometimes dockable laptops display some screwy
    characteristics apart from normal desktops......I can't remember exactly
    what the problem was, but something to do with "rights" and server
    software.........I know this is not a solution, but if you don't get a
    better one, it may give you a lead............

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, ACBGx3

    news:[email protected]...