Spinner Button Reset

  1. #1
    Anauna
    Guest

    Spinner Button Reset

    I am using a spinner button to increase/decrease values in a chart. Is
    there a way to reset the spinner so that it returns to it's original (lowest)
    value without having to use the up/down arrows or knowing what value you
    started at?
    --
    Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Spinner Button Reset

    Using code you just set the value to 1

    Spinbutton1.value =1

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Louise
    Guest

    Re: Spinner Button Reset

    Hi all

    I don't mean to sound ignorant but what's a Spinner Button???

    Thanks.

    Louise

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Spinner Button Reset

    It is a control that you can add to a worksheet or a userform that has an up
    and a down arrow on it. Clicking the up arrow increments the spinbutton
    value, clicking the down arrow ... well I am sure you can work that one.

    You can use the value of the Spinbutton in another control, such as a
    textbox as a means of quickly cycling through some values (I forgot to
    mention that the Spinbutton also has max and min value properties, which
    helps bound the cycle).

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Louise
    Guest

    Re: Spinner Button Reset

    Thanks, Bob.

    How do you create one??

    Louise

  6. #6

    Re: Spinner Button Reset

    There are two spinnerbuttons that you can put on a worksheet.

    If you show the Forms toolbar and the control toolbox toolbar, you can let your
    cursor linger over the icons.

    When you see "Spinner" (on the Forms toolbar) or "Spin Button" (on the Control
    toolbox toolbar), click on it.

    Then back to the worksheet and draw a little box (you can resize it later).

    If you chose the spinner from the forms toolbar, right click on it and choose
    format control. There are lots of tabs where you can set stuff (especially the
    Control tab).

    If you chose the spin button from the Control Toolbox Toolbar, right click on it
    and choose Properties. You can scroll through that list of properties and see
    lots of stuff you can change.

  7. #7
    Louise
    Guest

    Re: Spinner Button Reset

    Hi Dave

    Thanks very much for this. I've never used them before so will give it a go.

    Louise