pivot table row subtotals

  1. #1
    david
    Guest

    pivot table row subtotals

    Excel 2003

    I am pretty good at pivot table but can't figure out how the have subtotals
    display for my 3rd row field in under my 2nd row field - they only display at
    the grand total line.

    Please see the example below. I need to get subtotals for A/P and OP under
    store 1 and then again under store 2.

    Also My calculated field do now show up in my grand totals? why not - they
    should work - the math is valid.

    thanks!!!!

    Div Desc Desc Ver
    Store 1 4 OP
    A/P
    1 OP
    A/P
    2 OP
    A/P
    3 OP
    A/P
    Store 1 Total
    Store 2 5 OP
    A/P
    6 OP
    A/P
    7 OP
    A/P
    8 OP
    A/P
    Store 2 Total

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table row subtotals

    Move the A/P field to the column area, and you'll get subtotals per
    store. Or, move it to the left of the Desc field, and it will subtotal
    per store.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    david
    Guest

    Re: pivot table row subtotals

    Thanks Debra but still not perfect I really want the OP and AP in rows ( I
    have way too many columns)
    And the rows really need to have that field as the last one - any other
    thoughts? can I send you a small file?

    CDPT OP A/P
    1 $19,051.3 $19,431.3
    5 $12,317.4 $12,342.1