FIXED 2 DECIMAL PLACES, MUST ENTER ALL ZEROES AFTER DECIMAL POINT.

  1. #1
    SUKYKITTY
    Guest

    FIXED 2 DECIMAL PLACES, MUST ENTER ALL ZEROES AFTER DECIMAL POINT.

    I have set options to fixed decimal 2 places. But when I enter numbers, i
    have to enter all zeros after decimal point. Entering the period does not
    work. For example,
    100.00 must be entered as 10000. If i enter 100. it inputs 1.00. Excel is
    not accepting a period as a decimal place. Does anyone know what needs to be
    set for this problem? Thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: FIXED 2 DECIMAL PLACES, MUST ENTER ALL ZEROES AFTER DECIMAL POINT.

    Don't set the fixed decimal places?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Carlos Antenna
    Guest

    Re: FIXED 2 DECIMAL PLACES, MUST ENTER ALL ZEROES AFTER DECIMAL POINT.

    Rather than setting fixed decimal places in Tools|Options, format the cells:
    Format|Cells|Number|2 decimal places.

    -- Carlos

  4. #4
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: FIXED 2 DECIMAL PLACES, MUST ENTER ALL ZEROES AFTER DECIMAL POINT.

    What is your Excel version and regional settings (Start|Settings|Control
    Panel|Regional Settings)? In Excel XP with Country/Region set to United
    States Excel does respect the period as the decimal place on input
    despite the fixed decimal setting.

    Jerry