Can Excel email someone when a cell goes + or - a value?

  1. #1
    Reload Internet
    Guest

    Can Excel email someone when a cell goes + or - a value?

    So sort of like Conditional formatting where it changes colour - instead it
    adds rules to send an automatic email... Is this reaching for the stars?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel email someone when a cell goes + or - a value?

    Start here Reload Internet
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DNA
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel email someone when a cell goes + or - a value?

    I bet VBA code could do this, but it's way over my head.

    Good Luck!

  4. #4
    Reload Internet
    Guest

    RE: Can Excel email someone when a cell goes + or - a value?

    Thanks!
    But you can just give me the complete thing to paste in assuming it was cell
    A1, value 200 + and I will set up my smtp server etc.

    I was a bit confused by where to place the macro

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel email someone when a cell goes + or - a value?

    Hi

    > I was a bit confused by where to place the macro

    Read this
    And
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/modules.html

    And then see if you can use CDO