Rectangle object in Worksheet not amenable to word indenting and Undo problems

  1. #1
    Hari Prasadh
    Guest

    Rectangle object in Worksheet not amenable to word indenting and Undo problems

    Hi,

    Using the Drawing toolbar I drew a rectangle ( not a textbox) in my
    worksheet.

    I wrote many lines of text in that rectangle like below between the hyphen
    lines. I note that when I move to a new line in point number 2 just after
    "report will" then using space-bar doesnt move my cursor to right. Due to
    that the word "start" lies just below the number "2." in the rectangle. I
    want the word "start" to lie below the word "All". How do I indent lines
    within the same paragraph in a rectangle? (Using Tab moves my cursor out of
    the rectangle itself).

    Text in my rectangle
    1. Validation source in cell IR237
    2. All object names (and any other programmatic name) for the report will
    start with the abbreviation "MR" in order to identify them easily
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Please note, when I enter paragraphs in a cell itself using Alt+enter then I
    dont encounter such problems.

    Also, I see that if I do some text enter in a rectangle and then move my
    focus to a cell , then pressing ctrl + z does not undo my text enter in the
    rectangle. Excel undo stack does not recognise any stuff which I do within
    the rectangle. Cell undo works fine. Why?

    Thanks a lot,
    Hari
    India

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Rectangle object in Worksheet not amenable to word indenting and Undo problems

    Hi, Hari.

    Do the formatting in Word, and then copy it. When you get to Excel,
    Edit--Paste special as a picture or as a Word document object.
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...