copy and paste question

  1. #1
    eltonfanRI
    Guest

    copy and paste question

    Hi,

    Can someone help a newbie with what I think should be a simple
    solution? I've searched through lots of older messages and can't seem
    to specifically find the answer I'm looking for.

    I have a workbook with 32 sheets in it. The master is set up exactly
    the way I want it, with locked and protected formulas working
    perfectly. I want to copy this sheet and all of it's original qualities
    to the other sheets in the workbook, so that someone else working on it
    can't ruin the formulas (obviously). However, I can't cut and paste it
    without keeping the formulas protected.

    I know there has to be an easier way to go about this then individually
    applying the codes to all the sheets in the workbook.

    Thanks for your time,
    Shira

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: copy and paste question

    Try this:
    Or perhaps I misunderstand?

    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jef Gorbach
    Guest

    Re: copy and paste question

    Untried thoughts:
    1. Unlock the Master, select-all, copy/paste special:format from Master to
    the 31-copies then relock Master
    2. Unlock and copy the Master 31x then relock Master

  4. #4
    eltonfanRI
    Guest

    Re: copy and paste question

    Thank you for your quick response. That is exactly how I was going
    about it, however, the "move/copy" box won't allow me to right click or
    hit "control:select". All that happens is the message "what's this?",
    making it appear that it's only possible to copy everything
    individually. I know this can't be true?