How to select and deselect rows in Excel

  1. #1
    Gallant
    Guest

    How to select and deselect rows in Excel

    I have to Question regarding selecting and deselecting rows,columns,... in
    Excel.

    1-When some row or cells are selected how we can we just deselect one row
    or cell or column?We usually do it by keeping the Ctrl key in other office
    program.

    2-Is there any way that we can use to select raws or columns one in
    between?It could be very useful.

    Regards

    Gallant

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How to select and deselect rows in Excel

    It should work but doesn't work in reverse.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to select and deselect rows in Excel

    Gallant

    I have added right-click menu items assigned to these two macros from Chip
    Pearson.

    If you want to use them, post back and I can show how to add them to the
    right-click menu or you could just add them to a couple of buttons on your
    Toolbar.

    Sub UnSelectActiveCell()
    Dim Rng As Range
    Dim FullRange As Range
    If Selection.Cells.Count > 1 Then
    For Each Rng In Selection.Cells
    If Rng.Address <> ActiveCell.Address Then
    If FullRange Is Nothing Then
    Set FullRange = Rng
    Else
    Set FullRange = Application.Union(FullRange, Rng)
    Next Rng

    If FullRange.Cells.Count > 0 Then
    FullRange.Select

    Sub UnSelectActiveArea()
    Dim Rng As Range
    Dim FullRange As Range
    Dim Ndx As Integer
    If Selection.Areas.Count > 1 Then
    For Each Rng In Selection.Areas
    If Application.Intersect(ActiveCell, Rng) Is Nothing Then
    If FullRange Is Nothing Then
    Set FullRange = Rng
    Else
    Set FullRange = Application.Union(FullRange, Rng)
    Next Rng
    FullRange.Select

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP