Why doesn't the spreadsheet file open.

  1. #1
    Piato
    Guest

    Why doesn't the spreadsheet file open.

    Excel2000 on WinXP home SP2. When opening an xls file nothing happens. Only
    when I look at Show-Window (in the standard toolbar) the file is shown. When
    I here choose the file it will open correctly. How can I make it open in
    first go?
    The spreadsheet file contains macros and links to other spreadsheets, but
    has worked fine for several months. Computer is protected and updated both
    with antivirus and firewall. Even tried to reinstall office - but in vain.
    Help, anybody?

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas, Excel MVP
    Guest

    RE: Why doesn't the spreadsheet file open.

    It's possible that you simply need to use window/arrange, then click Tiled,
    and Windows of active worksheet, then save the file. Next time, it should
    open OK.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP