How do I create a form with drop downs that narrows choices?

  1. #1
    Joeglobal
    Guest

    How do I create a form with drop downs that narrows choices?

    Hi.

    Imagine I have 10 brands, 5 sizes, 5 states, etc.

    Brand 1 has size 1 and 3, and is in states 3,4 and 5
    Brand 1 has size 4 in state 1
    Brand 2 has size 3, and is in states 1,2 and 3

    I would like to set up a form or template with drop downs that enable you to
    choose a number of selections (brand, size, state, etc.), and return a
    specific value in each column.

    So, if the columns are brand, size, state, you choose brand 1. The only
    options in the size column/drop-down menu would be 1, 3, and 4. If you
    choose 4, the only choice is state 1. If you choose 1 or 3, you have the
    choice of 3, 4 or 5.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2

    Re: How do I create a form with drop downs that narrows choices?

    You may want to take a look at how Debra Dalgleish does it with Data|Validation.