Posting Large amounts of similar stuff

  1. #1

    Posting Large amounts of similar stuff

    Hey, i have to put some stuff into excel, and it was sent to me looking like this (not in excel):

    mike blue 23 42 53 132 25

    mike red 66 4 43 632 67

    jane likened 234 53 74 65 64

    jane fly 243 33 365 3465 3456

    The data is not accurate, and not really important, other than the duplicate mike mike jane jane. Is there any way i can copy this whole thing, and just paste it into a spreadsheet? other than going through and putting it into each and every cell? thanks

    edit,
    i re-looked at the data, some of the information looks like this
    like janisopt 234 234 23 62 36 85 3225 75858 353
    tim 82934 89 9 2 3 5 50 380,
    about a full page of it, and it will all be entered in the exactly the same way. ne help?
    Last edited by Iamxerocool; 07-06-2005 at 06:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Try this:

    Data -> Text to columns
    delimited -> space

  3. #3
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: Posting Large amounts of similar stuff

    have a go.

    After the paste you may have to use <>data<>text to columns<>

    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K
    news:[email protected]...