I've put a formula in a field, the result won't show

  1. #1
    kanye
    Guest

    I've put a formula in a field, the result won't show

    I've inputed a formula that generates a result when I do Insert Function and
    enter the argument; however, the result is not reflected in the cell. I've
    tried to cut and paste the formula as a Paste Special, Values only but that
    doesn't work. Please advise.

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: I've put a formula in a field, the result won't show

    Hi

    You say the result is not reflected in the cell. What is in the cell, then?
    If it's a wrong result, check Tools|Options|Calculation is set to Automatic.
    If it's the formula itself try Tools|Options|View and uncheck Formulas.
    Otherwise post back!

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    kanye
    Guest

    Re: I've put a formula in a field, the result won't show

    The cell shows the formula itself. The formula is correct b/c I see the
    result when I do Insert, Function, and insert my arguments.

  4. #4
    Guest

    Re: I've put a formula in a field, the result won't show

    OK. Have you checked the two items I mentioned in my previous post? What is
    the function you are using and what are the arguments? When you have entered
    the arguments using the Insert Function option, what does the dialog box
    show the result to be (in the bottom right-hand corner)?

  5. #5
    kanye
    Guest

    Re: I've put a formula in a field, the result won't show

    Thanks Andy, I figured it out. The formula was reading data from fields
    saved as text instead of numbers. Once I converted the text to numbers, the
    result showed in the cell.

  6. #6
    Guest

    Re: I've put a formula in a field, the result won't show

    Glad to hear you got sorted!