change yyyy date to yy

  1. #1
    Linda Hart
    Guest

    change yyyy date to yy

    Can I change the date "short" format (yyyy) to "shorter" format (yy)?
    e.g. 7/7/2005 to 7/7/05
    This would be for a range of dates in an existing column, as well as for new
    dates to be added.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: change yyyy date to yy

    Select the col of dates
    Click Format > Cells > Number tab
    Under category, choose Custom
    In Type: box, input: m/d/yy
    Click OK
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Richard Neville
    Guest

    Re: change yyyy date to yy

    Select the cells you want to reformat; then go to Format-Cells, and click on
    the Number tab. Select Custom, and in the small box to the right type the
    format you want: m/d/yy. Hit Enter and that should do it.

    If you want to change the computer's default date setting, go to Control
    Panel, Regional and Language Options, and make changes there.