Help Text for Radio Buttons

  1. #1
    Autumn
    Guest

    Help Text for Radio Buttons

    I am trying to create a survey form with multiple choice radio buttons. I
    want to add descriptive text that appears when you float your cursor over the
    button (like that for a toolbar icon). I've scoured Excel help and couldn't
    find anything. I don't have experience with macros or Visual Basic but am
    willing to try if someone can hold my hand through it.

  2. #2
    Damon Longworth
    Guest

    Re: Help Text for Radio Buttons

    If the radio button is in a cell, add a comment to the cell. Then the
    instructions will appear when the mouse hovers over the cell.

    --
    Damon Longworth

    Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
    Sept 16th and 17th
    Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
    www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Autumn
    Guest

    Re: Help Text for Radio Buttons

    Thanks. Yeah, I thought about that but I was putting 5 buttons per cell ... I
    suppose I could put a button per cell and do some merging in the adjacent
    cells but I'd prefer to have the choices for one question in one cell.