Excel Conditional Formatting Question

  1. #1
    Joe
    Guest

    Excel Conditional Formatting Question

    I am trying to create a spreadsheet to track suspense dates for projects and
    I am having difficulty trying to use conditional formatting in order to
    complete my project.

    1. I want to turn the cell green it is greater than 7 days before the
    date entered into the cell.
    2. I want to turn the cell yellow if it is within 7 days before the
    date entered into the cell.
    3. I want to turn the cell red if it is after the date entered into the
    cell.

    I want to use this in a spreadsheet used to track due dates (suspenses).
    Another words, if my suspense is 1 July 2005, I want this suspense block to
    be green if it is viewed on 23 Jun 2005 or earlier, yellow if it is viewed
    between 24 Jun 2005 and 1 Jul 2005, and red if it viewed on 2 Jul 2005 or
    after.

    If anyone can help me out with this task, I would really appreciate it.
    Thank you.

    Joe

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Question

    Joe,

    Select the column. Format - Conditional formatting -

    Cell value is: Less than =NOW() Format for red
    Cell value is: Less than =NOW()+7 Format for yellow
    Cell value is: Greater than =NOW()+7 Format for green

    Adjust these slightly for what you want on the due date, etc.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com/

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Joe
    Guest

    Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Question

    Earl,
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply. It worked like a charm. I
    appreciate your help very much. Take care.
    Joe

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    wojo
    Guest

    Re: Excel Conditional Formatting Question

    Just curious... does anyone know if this can be done in MS Access? I
    have a database that contains dates. I would LOVE it if I could get
    the field to turn a color, based on the date. Thanks, Jo