Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Please help me!

  1. #1

    Question Please help me!

    I have an excel file as monthly report. Everymonth I input new value overwrite onto fields of file (replace old value). But I dont know why file size is increased after each change time.

    Thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Please help me!

    Try the following to see if it helps:

    1.

    2. Copy the worksheets to a new workbook.

    3. File-->Save as to a new name.

    One or all of these should help, so I would save and check the properties
    each time in between.

    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    "khanhtt" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Please help me!

    How much does the file size vary between changes?

    I've seen this happen to. I just attributed it to the way excel works.
    Sometimes I could make a change the file size would go up, sometimes the
    filesize would go down.

    But it wasn't a major change in size.

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Please help me!

    Down, Huh?
    Well if you work at it you fix the last cell indications that get messed up
    when you insert and delete rows or columns.

    Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?, Debra Dalgleish

  5. #5

    Re: Please help me!

    Yep. But it was a very small difference in file size--IIRC, 15k on a workbook
    that was between 1 meg and 1.5 meg.

    David McRitchie wrote:

    > Down, Huh?
    > Well if you work at it you fix the last cell indications that get messed up
    > when you insert and delete rows or columns.
    >
    > Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?, Debra Dalgleish
    > http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused
    >
    > > Sometimes I could make a change the file size would go up, sometimes the
    > > filesize would go down.

Closed Thread