Hyperlink to jpg file Problem

  1. #1
    Marcelo
    Guest

    Hyperlink to jpg file Problem

    Please Help - I searched through many questions like this (asking the same)
    without finding the answer...

    I have a jpg file (JPEG picture) stored locally on my PC.
    I created an hyperlink to the file in Excel, that's fine.
    Now I want that the file will be opened by Paint and not by IE (internet
    explorer) while clicking the hyperlink.
    Regularly jpg files will open with Paint (that's the file type setting) BUT
    through the hyperlink it goes to IE.
    How can I change it?

    Thanks / Marcelo.

  2. #2
    TC
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlink to jpg file Problem

    This may not be what ya want but open the pic and save it as a bmp file. Then
    hyperlink to that file.

    TC

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlink to jpg file Problem

    that's right - this workaround works, but do not fix the root problem.

  4. #4
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlink to jpg file Problem

    Actually your answer helped to solved the problem.
    The file were BMP but had the JPG extension type.
    So by solving the type mismatch the problem got solved.