How do you replace a work sheet in excel with a word document?

  1. #1
    DonxCahill
    Guest

    How do you replace a work sheet in excel with a word document?

    I want a worksheet in excel to be a word document. Using the embedding
    application will not suffice. Basically Sheet 1 will not have columns and
    rows but will be a word document. Sheet 2 will be a wordsheet. Why the need?
    Basically if word and excel can be saved in the same work book, in respect of
    project work it would be time saving, efficient and effective.

  2. #2
    Conrad Carlberg
    Guest

    Re: How do you replace a work sheet in excel with a word document?

    Assuming you also don't want to (or can't due to your version) create a
    binder, consider this approach:

    1. Select and copy the text in your Word document.
    2. Switch to Excel and select A1 on a blank worksheet.
    3. Select Edit | Paste Special and choose Text from the listbox. (Or, in
    place of steps 1 - 3, just type your text into different cells of a single
    column on the worksheet.)
    4. Select the column that contains the text and reformat its width so that
    it's nearly as wide as the worksheet itself.
    5. With the column still selected, choose Format | Cells, click the
    Alignment tab and fill the Wrap Text checkbox. Click OK.
    6. On the worksheet, adjust the heights of the rows that contain text so
    that they display only the text.
    7. Choose Tools | Options and click the View tab. Clear the Gridlines
    checkbox, and also clear the Row & Column Headers checkbox. Click OK.

    Your worksheet will now resemble a Word document. There are other ways to do
    what you describe, but these steps will do it quick-and-not-so-dirty.

    C^2
    Conrad Carlberg

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DonxCahill
    Guest

    Re: How do you replace a work sheet in excel with a word document?

    Thanks