A 2 line text showing up in the Cell in Excel prints in 1 line

  1. #1
    Cageyslick
    Guest

    A 2 line text showing up in the Cell in Excel prints in 1 line

    When I type in text in a Cell in Excel, and wrap it, it fits in 2 lines. When
    I print it, it prints in one line, leaving the other line as blank space. I
    could not figure out what is the problem. This also happens for 3 or more
    lines....when it prints in one line lesser than what it shows up in the Cell
    on the computer

  2. #2
    abcd
    Guest

    Re: A 2 line text showing up in the Cell in Excel prints in 1 line

    try with other fonts and see if it changes anything

    The fonts (event true fonts) do not exactly print at the same width :
    they gives different results on screen and on printer.

    Some of them as big width difference, some others only a small one.

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: A 2 line text showing up in the Cell in Excel prints in 1 line

    You can *force* the line to break at a particular place by using
    <Alt> <Enter>

    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Danny
    Guest

    Re: A 2 line text showing up in the Cell in Excel prints in 1 line

    It wraps, right, it wraps over the viewport, in this case, the screen,
    now, the printer is another viewport, a hard-wrap and a soft-wrap are not
    the same and the printer uses different stdout, so, as the other fella
    said, use alt-Enter to put a hard-wrap, or, an actual line-feed the
    printer can use.

    Danny

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:51:03 -0700, Cageyslick

  5. #5
    Cageyslick
    Guest

    Re: A 2 line text showing up in the Cell in Excel prints in 1 line

    Well the problem is that when I force it to break a line, there is a large
    space left before the cell width ends after the place where I force a break.
    When it prints, it makes no sense that a small word which could have been
    easily accomodated in the same line is taking another line while there is so
    much blank space left on the previous line. I am using Verdana 8.0 size, I
    also tried Arial 8.0 but its the same problem. It shows the problem in Print
    Preview itself. You dont need to send it to a printer to see.

  6. #6
    Cageyslick

  7. #7
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: A 2 line text showing up in the Cell in Excel prints in 1 line

    Start over, from the beginning, and adjust the length of *each* line with
    <Alt> <Enter>.