Seperating Data within cells

  1. #1
    Tennisgirl
    Guest

    Seperating Data within cells

    I have a huge data file with colums contain data that need to be seperated
    The data was entered into the cells 2#5#8# etc. (numbers can range from one
    to 38). I need to get all the 2's into a colum all the . 3's, 4's, 5's...
    and they all need to line up. I am trying to figure out how to do this since
    one cell may start with one number and then next cell a different one?
    Please help! I hope this makes sense.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Seperating Data within cells

    Perhaps try using Data > Text to Columns with delimiter: # ?

    Select the column

    Click Data > Text to Columns
    Check "Delimited" > Next

    In Step2, enter in the "Other:" box: #

    Click Finish
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: Seperating Data within cells

    "Tennisgirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a huge data file with colums contain data that need to be seperated
    > The data was entered into the cells 2#5#8# etc. (numbers can range from

    one
    > to 38). I need to get all the 2's into a colum all the . 3's, 4's,

    5's...
    > and they all need to line up. I am trying to figure out how to do this

    since
    > one cell may start with one number and then next cell a different one?
    > Please help! I hope this makes sense.

    Data-Text to Columns and use # as the delimiter.....