Excel Doesn't Copy / Paste Properly in other Applications

  1. #1
    Glenn
    Guest

    Excel Doesn't Copy / Paste Properly in other Applications

    Here's an odd one:

    One machine (XP SP1 Pro w/all critical updates) in our office, is running
    Office XP (also up to date w/updates) has a problem in Excel (and Excel
    only). If I copy cells which have color formatting, when I paste them as
    "Picture" or "Picture (enhanced Metafile)" in other apps (Word, PowerPoint)
    the colors do not display. Other cell formatiing such as justification,
    bold/italics, size *do* work.

    Excel is the only app which this exhibits this odd behavior. Additionally I
    have tried the exact same operation on other XP SP1 machines with various
    versions of Office (2000, XP, 2003) and this problems doesn't happen .

    Any insight as to what can be causing this in Excel?

    TIA!
    Glenn

  2. #2
    Glenn
    Guest

    RE: Excel Doesn't Copy / Paste Properly in other Applications

    ^ BUMP ^

    Still looking for help with this!

    The closest I've come using all sorts of searches the last few days is to
    "copy picture" via holding the shift-key.

    This however does not meet the needs because it then inserts the gridlines
    from Excel itself. It has to be some sort of config issue of sorts as the
    identicle situation on another PC doesn't behave this way.

    Any and all hints appreciated!
    Glenn