PC Reboot on Excel Launch

  1. #1
    CW
    Guest

    PC Reboot on Excel Launch

    My PC does a spontaneous reboot sometimes when I launch Excel 2000. The
    event is random and occurs once out of every 10 - 20 Excel launches. Anyone
    else experience this?

    DellGX280
    Win2K
    512RAM
    All current Service Packs

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: PC Reboot on Excel Launch

    Hi CW

    Disable restart and maybe the blue screen will give you information about your problem

    On the Control panel click on System
    Advanced tab
    Startup and......
    Disable Automatic restart

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Amedee Van Gasse
    Guest

    Re: PC Reboot on Excel Launch

    Ron de Bruin shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc:

    > Hi CW
    >
    > Disable restart and maybe the blue screen will give you information
    > about your problem
    >
    > On the Control panel click on System
    > Advanced tab
    > Startup and......
    > Disable Automatic restart

    Exactly.
    Often a hardware problem is the cause, like an overclocked CPU or bad
    RAM. Excel is CPU&RAM hungry so more likely to run into a problem.

    --
    Amedee Van Gasse