Can't open a file and save under a different name

  1. #1
    scrappy
    Guest

    Can't open a file and save under a different name

    If I open an existing file and try to save under a different name I get an
    error message saying the folder isn't accessible. The folder may be located
    in an unavailabe location, protected with a password or the file name
    contains an a / or \. These are not password protected files. I can save
    any other document and rename it (AutoCAD for example), but not in Word or
    Excel.

  2. #2
    garfield-n-odie
    Guest

    Re: Can't open a file and save under a different name

    If you installed Windows update KB885250 "MS05-011: Vulnerability
    in server message block could allow remote code execution", try
    uninstalling KB885250 in Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove
    Programs. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=895900 "You
    cannot save a file from your Windows XP-based or Windows
    2000-based computer to a shared folder on a file server" for more
    information.