+phone numbers not treated as formulas

  1. #1
    Tim
    Guest

    +phone numbers not treated as formulas

    Hi I want to make a list of international phone numbers starting with the +
    sign.

    I can not work out how to stop the cell being treated as a formula, i have
    the cell formated as text.

    thanks tim

  2. #2
    ScottO
    Guest

    Re: +phone numbers not treated as formulas

    You can put a single quote mark in front - eg '+613xxxxxx
    Rgds,
    ScottO

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: +phone numbers not treated as formulas

    Another way would be to preformat the entire col as Text
    (Select col, then click Format > Cells > Text > OK)
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  4. #4
    Jack Marks
    Guest

    Re: +phone numbers not treated as formulas

    In the past, I have always accomplished this by entering a single quote
    first, the '. So the cell would look like
    '+10-212-234-4444. Note the single quote in front.

  5. #5
    ^'^BatAttaK^'^

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:24:56 +1000, "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi I want to make a list of international phone numbers starting with the +
    >sign.
    >
    >I can not work out how to stop the cell being treated as a formula, i have
    >the cell formated as text.
    >
    >thanks tim

    Format > Cells > Number > Special > Phone Number