wind direction

  1. #1
    TC
    Guest

    wind direction

    Is there any way of displaying a cell containing a number 0-360 as a
    directional indicator (an arrow or something like that). In need to chart
    wind speed and direction against some other data nd I can't think how to do
    it. (using Excel97)

    Thanks

    --
    Tobit Curteis
    ________________________

  2. #2
    Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)
    Guest

    Re: wind direction

    TC wrote:
    > Is there any way of displaying a cell containing a number 0-360 as a
    > directional indicator (an arrow or something like that). In need to chart
    > wind speed and direction against some other data nd I can't think how to do
    > it. (using Excel97)
    >
    > Thanks

    -------------

    Well a brute force approach would be to create your own symbol font. One where
    A is an up arrow, B is an arrow pointing 1 degree to the right, etc.

    Someone here will probably have a more elegant solution.

    Bill

  3. #3
    Dana DeLouis
    Guest

    Re: wind direction

    Would something like this work as a demo? You may have to have an event
    macro fire to set this up correctly.

    Sub Demo()
    Dim angle

    [A1] = Chr(223)
    [A1].Font.Name = "Wingdings"

    With Range("A1")
    For angle = -90 To 90 Step 1
    .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
    .Orientation = angle
    Next
    [A1] = Chr(224)
    For angle = -90 To 90 Step 1
    .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
    .Orientation = angle
    Next
    End With

    Dana DeLouis
    Win XP & Office 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)
    Guest

    Re: wind direction

    Personally, I think that's way cool.

    Bill