Database for Purchased goods

  1. #1
    Troy
    Guest

    Database for Purchased goods

    Hi

    I would like to setup a database for our company that would hold all of our
    purchased in parts.

    I want to have 3 main headings. "Raw Material Numbers" - "Description" -
    "Category"

    I want to be able to search by either Raw Material Number or Category. Lets
    say I have a RAw material number I want to search. I will input that number
    under "Raw Material Numbers" and excel will search the database and find the
    number and return the Description and Category. That part I think I have
    down, it's the next part that gets me.

    I also want to search by category. Lets say I have 5 categories, "Nuts",
    "Bolts","Washers","Cotter Pins", and "Gaskets". I might want to search for a
    Washer's "Raw material number". So I select to search by the Category
    "Washers", and excel will return all numbers, descriptions in that category.

    I am sure this is possible, just have no clue how to do it. Is there already
    a template that would work, or that I could modify??

    TIA
    XP Small Business

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Database for Purchased goods

    Troy,

    Let's see if we can help you set up for your setup of a data base.

    Make the table, with suitable column headings in one row. Put the data rows
    immediately under the row of headings.

    Now set up an Autofilter: With one cell of your table selected, do Data -
    Filter - Autofilter. Dropdown arrows should appear in your headings. To
    find all the washers, open the category filter (click the dropdown arrow)
    and select "washers". To return to the entire table, open that filter
    again, and click "All."
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Troy
    Guest

    Re: Database for Purchased goods

    Oh well that was easy. Thankyou very much

    Troy