can't access one column

  1. #1
    ~Avery Anderson~
    Guest

    can't access one column

    Hi,
    A friend of mine works for an electric company and they sent him an excel
    file that is used for maintenance scheduling. He is unable to access one
    column and is frustrated, etc. So he emailed me the file. I can access it.
    He put it on a floppy and tried it on a co-workers computer, and she could
    access it. So I saved it as an excel 98 file and sent it back thinking an
    older version might work, but it didn't.
    By not being able to access the column I mean, when he clicks on a cell
    nothing happens for him, when I click on the cell the courser appears and I
    can enter data.
    TIA for any ideas,
    Avery

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: can't access one column

    It sounds like the worksheet may be protected. Has he tried to unprotect
    it?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ~Avery Anderson~
    Guest

    Re: can't access one column

    some of it is protected, the programmers at work made it, but the rest
    isn't. You know, the columns where you enter the data. The column isn't
    protected because I can access and so can a co-worker on her computer at her
    home. It works properly on the laptop at work, too. The problem is with
    the tower at home.