Convert formula (used in counter) to text

  1. #1
    R Guzman
    Guest

    Convert formula (used in counter) to text

    All, I'm creating an Invoice and I need to generate a unique Invoice number.

    It can be something like, "(Today's Date) + "String" + (Sheet Number) or
    something like this.

    Problem is Date Function always updates once I open the file. Secondly I
    need a unique id (number) to append to the date that can be incremented once
    I create a new sheet.

    Finally, I need to convert this to a text valve that doesn't get updated.

    Anyone had a similar need and come up with a working solution?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Convert formula (used in counter) to text

    Hi R,

    See JE McGimpsey Sequntial Numbers page at:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman