Template with macros

  1. #1

    Template with macros

    Whenever I have a workbook and insert a new sheet from the template with the macros, the macros never come with the template to the new workbook.

    Is there something I have to do differently?

  2. #2

    Re: Template with macros

    When you add the sheet, the macros behind that sheet (in the template) should
    show up.

    But the code in general modules won't come along for the ride.

    One way around it is to keep the macros as text files and import those text
    files (or to open the template workbook, export the modules and then reimport
    them into your new project).

    Chip Pearson has some code that shows how to do this:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

  3. #3
    Thanks for the response-

    When you add the sheet, the macros behind that sheet (in the template) should show up.
    I have macros assigned to buttons. This is a button that is actually on the worksheet, not a toolbar button. They do not work.
    My template is named Subtask.xlt and lets say I have a workbook called test.xls.

    When I right click on one of the tabs at the bottom then click Insert...
    I select Subtask.xlt and it gives me the warning that this sheet contains macros and I enable macros.

    When I hit the button that the macro is assigned to it says
    The macro 'test.xls!AddMonth.AddMonth' cannot be found.

    I have a module in Subtask.xlt that is named AddMonth and has a few procedures in it, one being AddMonth.

    From the this description can someone please provide more insight.