Formula to Extract Values within a Range

  1. #1
    prkhan56
    Guest

    Formula to Extract Values within a Range

    Hello All,
    I am using Excel 2003 and have the following problem

    Col A
    1.3815
    1.1732
    1.0242
    1.4839
    1.1457
    1.4357
    1.23
    1.9563
    1.1695
    1.3956
    1.2502
    1.5549
    0.9634
    1.0289
    5.2345
    3.2391

    I wish to have a formula where the following can be achieved in
    respective columns

    Col B : should display values upto 1.2
    Col C : should display values from 1.2 to 1.5
    Col D : should display values from 1.5 to 1.9
    Col E : should display values from greater than 1.9

    Any help would be appreciated

    TIA

    Rashid Khan

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Formula to Extract Values within a Range

    In B1 =IF(A1<=1.2,A1,NA())
    In C1 =IF(AND(A1>1.2, A1<=1.5),A1,NA())
    in D1 =IF(AND(A1>1.5, A1<=1.9, A1, NA())
    In E1 =IF(A1>1.9,A1, NA())
    Copy down the rows
    If you don't want the #N/A entries, try filtering
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Formula to Extract Values within a Range

    In cell B1 =IF(A1<=1.2,A1,"")
    In cell C1 =IF(AND(A1>1.2,A1<=1.5),A1,"")
    In cell D1 =IF(AND(A1>1.5,A1<=1.9),A1,"")
    In cell E1 =IF(A1>1.9,A1,"")

    Copy B1:E1 down to the end of your data range

    --
    Regards
    Roger Govier

  4. #4
    prkhan56
    Guest

    Re: Formula to Extract Values within a Range

    Thanks to both of you.

    Works like a charm

    Rashid Khan