What is an Excel "class not registered" error.

  1. #1
    weberts2
    Guest

    What is an Excel "class not registered" error.

    Every time I open Microsoft Excel I get a "Class Not Registered" error.

    It states "Looking for object with CLSID:{*********************}

    What is this?

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: What is an Excel "class not registered" error.

    It would seem that Excel has fouled up its own internal
    registration. Close Excel, go to the Windows Start menu, choose
    Run, and enter

    Excel.exe /regserver

    Excel will start, do its internal housekeeping task, then exit.
    Now try to start Excel normally.
    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    weberts2
    Guest

    Re: What is an Excel "class not registered" error.

    Hey Chip, thanks for you help but it didn't work.

    I ran the Excel.exe regserver at the Start, Run Command and it did exactly
    as you said it would do but when I reopened it, I still get the same error.

    Any more help?

    Elise

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    weberts,
    You didn't give the entire message but if its one of these i have a solution for you.

    Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F2F90-E877-11CE-9F68-00AA00574A4F}
    Looking for object with CLSID:{C62A69F0-16DC-11CE-9E98-00AA00574A4F}

    Go here for the answer:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=182500

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by weberts2