Select one variable from a list of variables by clicking one cell

  1. #1
    Curt
    Guest

    Select one variable from a list of variables by clicking one cell

    I am updating a Excel 2000 spreadsheet that displays a single cell to list
    one of a number of verables. The cell, when clicked, displays a "down arrow"
    box that then refers to the variables list from which to select. I need to
    duplicate that function.

  2. #2
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: Select one variable from a list of variables by clicking one cell

    You can do this with Data>Validation.

    In the Allow box choose "List" and then in the "Source" either type in your
    variables seperated by commas or enter the range that holds the list. This
    can be a named range if the list is on another worksheet.

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  3. #3
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Select one variable from a list of variables by clicking one cell

    Hi, Curt. Try the instructions here:
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...