Cells formated as text do not always display properly

  1. #1
    Cass
    Guest

    Cells formated as text do not always display properly

    I am using Office XP and Windows XP. I have formatted a column of cells as
    text and word wrap is checked, horizontal alignment is Left, Vertical
    alignment is Bottom. I use these cells to type a short narrative. The
    problem is some of the cells will not display properly, all they show is
    ######. The row height will expand to hold the text sometimes but not always
    but it will still only show ######## instead of the text I typed. If I change
    the cell type to General all the text is visible. This does not happed to
    evey cell, only some of them. I can type several rows of data with a
    narrative and some will show as text and some will show as #### but there is
    no rhym or reason as to why. Any suggestions, it's driving me nuts.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Cells formated as text do not always display properly

    Today, in this same group, there was a posting and explanations on what
    appeared to be the same subject. Look for a post from Poody, not far from
    yours.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Cells formated as text do not always display properly

    With cells formatted as text, you'll see ##'s if the length of the text is
    between 256 and 1024.