Comment question please

  1. #1
    Bob Newman
    Guest

    Comment question please

    Excel 2003

    When I insert a comment into a cell it automatically starts with my name and
    a colon. I have a single user machine and have no need for my name to
    print. I know there is a setting to shut off this feature but I cannot find
    it. Help please.
    --
    Thanks in advance... Bob

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Comment question please

    You can remove the name by deleting your name from:
    <Tools> <Option> <General> tab,

    And clearing the "User" window.

    However, this does *still* leave the colon.

    Debra Dalgleish has some code on her web site to make the box completely
    empty.

    http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Plain

    --

    HTH,

    RD

  3. #3
    Bob Newman
    Guest

    Re: Comment question please

    I delete my name where it says "user name" and click the okay tab but it
    still puts my name in the comment box and with I reopen the tab in options
    my name is always back in there.

    Bob

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Comment question please

    Same thing happens to me.

    One suggestion is to change your name to Note (temporarily).

    Then your comment will start with that.

  5. #5
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Comment question please

    Put a <Space> in guys!

    RD
    -------------------
    -------------------

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6

    Re: Comment question please

    I actually like the Note idea. I thought it was a good idea when I saw Debra
    first suggest it and I haven't changed my opinion.

  7. #7
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Comment question please

    I'm with you on this.
    Must be at least a couple of years now.

    But I guess enough people asked for a blank for Deb to publish the code.