Display ALL text contents in cell

  1. #1

    Question Display ALL text contents in cell

    I am having trouble displaying all the contents in the cell. It is some lengthy information in the cell. I have made the row height as high as it will go, but it still won't display all the information. I cannot make the column width any wider than I have it set, because then the other columns will not fit on the page. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    1. Change the font size
    2. Use "fit to page" when printing, you can then adjust column width accordingly

    Hope it helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper1067

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan
    1. Change the font size
    2. Use "fit to page" when printing, you can then adjust column width accordingly

    Hope it helps.
    I tried changing the font. It doesn't help. My computer does not have fit to page, it has fit to ? pages wide and ? pages long.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    That is what I meant by "fit to page".

  5. #5

    fit to page

    Ok, the fit to page did not work. It still isnt printing all the contents.

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    What's the reason that it does not print all the contents? Is it because of a word being too long?

  7. #7

    contents

    I dont know why it wont print it. It wont even display it all for me on my computer screen. But when I click on the Formula bar, all the words are there. It is a lengthy paragraph, however. Does it just have a max of 17 lines it will display?

  8. #8
    Forum Contributor
    If it's a paragraph, can you use text box instead?

  9. #9

    Re: Display ALL text contents in cell

    What do you see in the cell (not the formula bar)?

    If you see ####, then format the cell as General (not Text).

    If your text just seems to dropoff in the middle of a sentence, you can add
    alt-enters (every 80-100 characters) to force new lines within the cell.

  10. #10
    Wow, that seemed to help, sorta. I put in hard returns and now all the paragraph fits on my screen, but it wont print it out nor show it all on print preview though. Any suggestions?

  11. #11
    Ok, nevermind. I got it to print. I moved the bottom line down some more. I guess that is all it took! Thanks for all your help, everyone!