Find a not exact match using vlookup

  1. #1
    Russ B
    Guest

    Find a not exact match using vlookup

    I am trying to pull data together from 2 outside sources. I want to match
    names from the two sheets. However, one sheet has all names (about 13,000 of
    them) with a middle initial and one doesn't. So, I cannot use an exact match.
    But when I use TRUE I am getting the wrong data. Any ideas??

    Thank you for you help!!

    Russ

  2. #2
    Russ B
    Guest

    RE: Find a not exact match using vlookup

    Nevermind....It's as easy as just splitting cells.