Change of text or background color doesn't change on the screen.

  1. #1
    Susan
    Guest

    Change of text or background color doesn't change on the screen.

    In Excel, whenever I change the color of the text or highlight a cell with a
    different background color, it's not being reflected on the screen. Any
    ideas?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Under Options, View, Colour is Colour set to 'Automatic' ?

    Does this happen on any specific sheet or in all sheets, in any specific workbook or all workbooks?

  3. #3
    abcd
    Guest

    Re: Change of text or background color doesn't change on the screen.

    An idea, yes:
    may be the conditional format.

    If for example the cell is supposed to become red when the value is
    null, and the value is null, then it will stay while the condition is
    true. Even if you change the "regular" color (it will appear only when
    the condition is false)

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Change of text or background color doesn't change on the screen.

    Susan

    If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
    high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
    following MSKB article:

    OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Susan
    Guest

    Re: Change of text or background color doesn't change on the scree

    Thank you. This solved the problem.

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Change of text or background color doesn't change on the scree

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Gord