Saving to network drive gives unwanted copy or overwrite message

  1. #1
    Bill
    Guest

    Saving to network drive gives unwanted copy or overwrite message

    After recent updates to Excel 2002 SP3 I am getting "overwite or create copy"
    when saving to a network Quantum Snapdrive. When saving to a local disk no
    such message occurs. This is on a home lan running Windows XP SP2 on all PCs.
    If I save from Excel 2000 SR-1 no such message occurs.

  2. #2
    Henry
    Guest

    Re: Saving to network drive gives unwanted copy or overwrite message

    Bill,

    Is the file shared?
    Are more than one of the machines running the workbook at the same time?

    Henry

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bill Stenzel
    Guest

    Re: Saving to network drive gives unwanted copy or overwrite message

    This spreadsheet file resides on a LAN Quantum Snapdrive accessed via
    mapping drive letter S. No other users are on the system. It is has no
    special attributes and is not marked read-only.Additional quirks:
    If you simply close the window and let Excel query you to update changes
    Y/N, then no "Overwrite or copy" request is made, the file is simply updated
    (overwritten) as is desired.
    If the tools - options - security tab "Remove personal information from the
    file when saved" is toggled on and saved, then additional save requests are
    honored without the overwrite dialog.
    The save/overwrite dialog occurs only once per window, on the first save.
    added saves of the same window (with some data changed), will not cause
    another dialog.

    news:[email protected]...