Workspace

  1. #1
    evander
    Guest

    Workspace

    I am trying to use custom views in a workspace that all of the worksheets
    have been protected, but it says that some views are not available and will
    not bring any views up. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make
    these custom views usable in the protected workspace because they worked
    before I protected the worksheets.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Workspace

    If the worksheet is protected, setting such as hidden columns can't be
    applied. You could use a macro to unprotect, apply the view, and reprotect.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    evander
    Guest

    Re: Workspace

    My workspace allows me to hide columns and rows even when protected, I have
    allowed for the editing of rows and columns, however I am working in a
    workspace not a workbook or a single worksheet. Excel willnot let you save a
    worksheet with a custom view if you are operating in a workspace, such as I
    am. Excel will however let you set a list of custom views and choose an
    appropiate view each time you view a worksheet as long as none of the
    worksheets in that workbook inthe workspace are protected. I was wondering
    if there was anyway around that. Thanks for your help.