linking several worksheets to one workbook

  1. #1
    manager in training
    Guest

    linking several worksheets to one workbook

    I am trying to link my employees time and labor logs which they fill out on
    the company computer to a master workbook which will show all there
    information that they filed out. I am able to link one cell at a time, but
    am unable to link a complete worksheet at one time.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: linking several worksheets to one workbook

    If you have something in Column A from which you would know the
    sheetname for that employee (name or emp#).

    F2: =IF($A2="","",INDIRECT($A2&"!"&B$14))

    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    manager in training
    Guest

    Re: linking several worksheets to one workbook

    I know for most users this information would be very useful, but I am sad to
    inform you that I need a little more detail. I am trying to link up to 20
    different electronic time sheets into one workbook which are linked together.
    Every employee has a username for the office computer, and I am the admin.
    for the computer. I have tried to copy their sheets and pasted them in my
    workbook that I created, but it did not link them to update when I opened the
    workbook. Please give me a little more information on this subject. Thanks

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: linking several worksheets to one workbook

    You would not want it to be as messy as the example on my buildtoc2
    page, meaning you will have to code the cells into your workbook
    rather that showing the addresses that you want to go to but look at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc2.htm

    I just did a web search and it turned up the one I would have
    thought best. Obviously if all the information is on one sheet in the
    HTML picture then they must be tied in together in the complete
    example see.
    Employee Time Sheet
    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm
    ---