Need help with a simple Time calculation

  1. #1
    Bjarne Hansen
    Guest

    Need help with a simple Time calculation

    Hi

    I'm a little new in Excel, I need some help
    with at sheet, that are able to calculate time
    something like this:

    text1 3:30 (3 min 30 sec)
    text2 2:10 3:40 (result of text1 and test2)
    text3 1:40 8:20 (result of text1, 2 and 3)
    total 7:20

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Need help with a simple Time calculation

    if the fields have times in them as they appear, just add them like any
    other cells and format as mm:ss or hh:mm:ss

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Need help with a simple Time calculation

    ugh .. you multi-posted in .worskheet.functions,
    (please do not multi-post)

    Here's the response given over there:

    Not sure from your post as it stands .. but try this as a start

    Assuming you have these times in B2:B4

    3:30
    2:10
    1:40

    you could just put in B5: =SUM(B2:B4)
    and format B5 as Custom, Type: [h]:mm
    (Click Format > Cells > Custom)

    Inserting the square brackets around the "h" in [h]:mm
    will enable the total figure to rollover 24 hours
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Need help with a simple Time calculation

    Ugly typo, sorry ..:

    > .. you multi-posted in .worskheet.functions,

    should read as:

    --
    Rgds
    Max