Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

How do I recover deleted entries after saving a file?

  1. #1
    Pinoy_bart
    Guest

    How do I recover deleted entries after saving a file?

    I deleted some some entries in my excel file with the intention of saving it
    in another file name. However, I accidentally hit the save button and saved
    the file in the same file name. How do i recover the original file with my
    original entries?

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: How do I recover deleted entries after saving a file?

    Hi Bart,

    Unfortunately, unless you have access to a backup copy of the workbook, you
    are likely to be unlucky.

    To prevent a recurrence of this, consider downloading Jan Karel Pieterse's
    excellent AutoSafe addin. Jan Karel, as you may know, is a much respected
    MVP and a frequent contributor to these newsgroups.

    AutoSafe is freely downloadable at:

    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Pinoy_bart
    Guest

    Re: How do I recover deleted entries after saving a file?

    Hi Norman,

    Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't have a back-up of
    the workbook. I'll consider the autosafe addin you mentioned.

    All the best,

    Bart

    "Norman Jones" wrote:

    > Hi Bart,
    >
    > Unfortunately, unless you have access to a backup copy of the workbook, you
    > are likely to be unlucky.
    >
    > To prevent a recurrence of this, consider downloading Jan Karel Pieterse's
    > excellent AutoSafe addin. Jan Karel, as you may know, is a much respected
    > MVP and a frequent contributor to these newsgroups.
    >
    > AutoSafe is freely downloadable at:
    >
    > http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
    >

    > ---
    > Regards,
    > Norman
    >

    > "Pinoy_bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >I deleted some some entries in my excel file with the intention of saving
    > >it
    > > in another file name. However, I accidentally hit the save button and
    > > saved
    > > the file in the same file name. How do i recover the original file with my
    > > original entries?

Closed Thread