List: Grouping

  1. #1

    Exclamation List: Grouping

    I have a monthly spreadsheet exported from an sql database, listing invoice details.
    Each row represents one line from an invoice my problem is I need to group the rows by invoice number, however there are 2 added complications, firstly, there is a second column that needs grouping and a column which when grouped needs to be totalled e.g
    A B C D

    0035 12345 10 0
    0035 12345 89 17.50
    0001 12345 1 0

    The above example is all 1 invoice number 12345, below is how the end result should look, grouping by B and then A, totalling the grouped columns of C and D

    0035 12345 99 17.50
    0001 12345 1 0
    HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2

    re: List: Grouping

    It looks like either Data|Subtotals or data|pivottable would come very close to
    what you want.