How can we delete rows permanently from excel sheet

  1. #1
    Nehal Shah
    Guest

    How can we delete rows permanently from excel sheet

    In my excel sheet i have total 4363 rows.
    From this i am generating comma delimited text file through macros.
    I want information of only first 2000 rows and rest rows are empty.
    This empty rows are generating unecessary commas in txt files and i have to
    always delete this.
    I tried to delete rows 2001 and onwards but i am not able to delete.
    I can add a row but cannot delete this permanently.
    Is there any way to do this?

    Thanks
    Nehal Shah

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: How can we delete rows permanently from excel sheet

    You can't delete the rows only the values in it
    But you can hide them

    Range("A2001:A" & Rows.Count).EntireRow.Delete
    Range("A2001:A" & Rows.Count).EntireRow.Hidden = True

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl