Sorting Options for Pvt Tables

  1. #1

    Sorting Options for Pvt Tables

    I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new
    data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that
    I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points
    are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set
    up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I
    sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the

    top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Sorting Options for Pvt Tables

    Double-click on the Brands field button
    In the Pivot Table Field dialog box, click the Advanced button
    Under Top 10 AutoShow, select On
    From the Show dropdowns, select Top, and 10
    From the Using Field dropdown, select the field you want to measure
    Click OK, click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3

    Re: Sorting Options for Pvt Tables

    This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!!

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Sorting Options for Pvt Tables

    You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it helped.