Formulas with percentages

  1. #1
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Formulas with percentages

    maybe someone can help me with this..if someone increases an amount by %25
    then they get a point, if they increase it by %50 they get 2 points, by %75,
    3 points, and %100, 4 points.... can you figure that one out for me please?

    how would i a formula that would read this?

  2. #2
    Govind
    Guest

    Re: Formulas with percentages

    Hi,

    Lets say the original amount is in A2 and the increased amount is in A3
    , then use

    =ROUND((((A3-A2)*100)/A2)/25,0)

    Regards

    Govind.

  3. #3
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Formulas with percentages

    ok and if I already have a column that calculates for example A3 and A2?

  4. #4
    Govind
    Guest

    Re: Formulas with percentages

    Hi,

    If you already have a column that calculates the variance in % between
    A3 and A2 then just use

    =ROUND(A4/25,0) where A4 is the cell with the increase % between A2 and A3.

    This formula rounds off to the nearest point. If the increase is say
    70%, it would give 3 points (rounded off to 75%).

    If you dont want any rounding off ,you can just do simply =A4/25.

    Govind.

    If you want only

  5. #5
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Formulas with percentages

    ok that somewhat worked...if I needed the negative numbers to be 0?
    and also They cant go over 100%? I think Im confusing both of us...lol

  6. #6
    Govind
    Guest

    Re: Formulas with percentages

    Hi,

    Use

    =IF(A4<0,0,MIN(4,ROUND(A4/25,0)))

    where A4 is the % increase between A2 and A3. If you dont want any
    rounding off of points, use

    =IF(A4<0,0,MIN(4,A4/25))