Formulas with percentages-what formula would I use to make that happen?

  1. #1
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Formulas with percentages-what formula would I use to make that happen?

    Maybe someone can help me with this...If a person sold something last year
    for let's say $100 and this year they upsell them to $125, then they sold 25%
    more than last year...ok. So if they get point for upselling 25% or more then
    what formula would I use to make that happen?

  2. #2
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2003
    Hi

    Hope I understood the problem!

    In A1 you put last year's sales
    In B1 you put this year's
    In C1 you put =IF(B1<=A1*1.25,"Point","No Point")

    HTH

  3. #3
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    re: Formulas with percentages-what formula would I use to make that happen?

    HMMM....I ALREADY HAVE THE C1 INFO SO HOW WOULD THE FORMULA CHANGE NOW? AND
    ANOTHER QUESTION I HAVE IS ABOUT THE "POINT"....WOULD THAT BE 1 FOR POINT AND
    0 FOR NO POINT...SO IT WOULD I CHANGE IT TO LOOK LIKE THIS?

    =IF(C1*1.25,"1","0")

  4. #4
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2003
    The IF function needs a logical test which can be answered TRUE or FALSE.

    For example =IF(A1>B1,A1,B1)

    This would check to see if A1 is greater than B1 (A1>B1)

    If it is, the result would be A1, if not the result would be B1

    It may be better described by =IF(do the comparison, value if true, value if false)

    In your example, you are not asking IF to do anything, you would need to change it to something like =IF(c1=100,1,2) The quotes are only needed if the output is text.

    Colin