hiding/unhiding rows & columns with "+" and "-" buttons

  1. #1

    hiding/unhiding rows & columns with "+" and "-" buttons

    I was given an Excel file from a colleague, and there are these "+" and "-" buttons above the rows and the columns. When you press them, several rows or columns can be hidden or unhidden all at once. I've never seen this before; can anyone tell me how they were implemented?

  2. #2
    I've figured out that the rows and columns have been "grouped", using Data > Group and Outline > Groups.

  3. #3
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: hiding/unhiding rows & columns with "+" and "-" buttons

    Select rows (or columns) then from menus: Data > Group and Outline > Group.

    Data > Group and Outline > UnGroup to undo.

    Regards
    Rowan