Autofit Row Height of Merged Cells

  1. #1
    Jon
    Guest

    Autofit Row Height of Merged Cells

    There are two cases I've found when the autofit row height command does not
    work:

    1. When I have a merged cell in a row, and the merged cell has text that
    wraps to additional lines
    2. When I use <ALT> Enter to go to a new line within any cell's contents

    In both of the above cases, executing the autofit command (either by
    selecting it in the Format menu or by double clicking on the lower row
    boundary) will resize the row to the default 12.75 height.

    Is there any way around this?

  2. #2
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: Autofit Row Height of Merged Cells

    unmerge, autofit, remerge

  3. #3

    Re: Autofit Row Height of Merged Cells

    Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

    For #2. If the cell is merged, see #1. If the cell isn't merged, I don't think
    I've ever seen excel behave this way. Maybe you can post some particulars.

  4. #4
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Autofit Row Height of Merged Cells